Thursday, March 24, 2016

Good Riddance, Easter Bunny!


I think the Easter Bunny is not visiting this year. And by that, I mean..... I think we are gonna tell the kids that there is no Easter Bunny!  I can't get a straight answer out of my husband, of course!, but I really hope we kick that bunny to the curb!!!!

I've been wanting to do it for a few years now. The whole 'wait until the kids are sleeping to stuff and hide eggs around the house then set up baskets on the kitchen table' thing hasn't never really been my cup of tea. Steven wanted to do the tradition when the oldest was a baby, so that's why we did it. But the kids are practically 12 and almost 9.... it's time!

I'm not sure how my parents hold my sister and I that there was no Easter Bunny, but I wasn't traumatized by the ordeal. I'm realistic like that......


I pray it goes over well with the kids.  Then we can focus more on Jesus during the Easter season (which we do anyway, but then we don't have to worry about all the "Hallmark-y" stuff associated).


No comments:

Post a Comment