Friday, March 29, 2013

Book Club Friday



I'm currently reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (fifth installment in Mortal Instruments series)

 photo CityofLostSouls_zps496576f4.jpg

Plot Sumary via GoodReads: What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.



So I was so digging the characters by book two. By book four I was over most of them. The main boy character really pulled at my heart strings........ then things got weird and I just want to punch him whenever he's mentioned. The girl character has NO backbone, which annoys me because woman are STRONG and don't NEED a man! I still want to see what happens to another boy character so I'm really reading the rest of the series to see what happens to him, NOT the main people. Sad but true. And I was reallllly liking this series. I blew through books one through three because they were so good. I forced myself through book four. I'm one of those people who can't leave a series hanging, I have to finish up.

Yep, a crap review. It happens.


Don't forget to link up and share!!

3 comments:

  1. crap, I don't know if i want to read this series now! EVERYONE is talking about it, but I don't know if I want to start if it gets tedious halfway through the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After such a disappointing book 4, I really enjoyed this one. Although if you haven't yet, you have to pick up the Infernal Devices books. I like them so much better than these ones, and the third book just came out, which means you won't have to wait to get through them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the world of the Mortal Instruments, but the characters and writing is horrid. I just really honestly don't see why people are able to read these books and love them so much??

    ReplyDelete