Friday, April 19, 2013

Book Club Friday




I'm STILL currently reading....



 photo CityofLostSouls_zps496576f4.jpg

Plot Sumary via GoodReads: What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.



Yes yes. I'm STILL reading this book. It's gotten somewhat better at about halfway through. I want to see how it ends now, as opposed to abandoming ship and reading a new book. LOL!
Clary still annoys me to no end. Something about YA lead women I just don't get. She has NO backbone, which drives me up a wall because woman are STRONG and don't NEED a man! Oooooo, let me fall in love and it blind me to everything else... Pa-lease!
Jace was my favorite.... and still kinda is.
I want to see what happens to Simon. That's why I'm getting through this book.

Maybe there are too many books in the series, since I was all about books 1-3. The author just killed it (in the bad way), in my opinion.


Don't forget to link up and share!!





 photo signature_zpsbc57867b.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Have not heard of that book but it seems its taking you a bit after the first few. Hope you get through it!

    Stopping by from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people love this series, but this is one that I haven't gotten into. I do think it's fascinating that Cassandra Clare got her start by writing Harry Potter fanfiction - however, I also read an article suggesting that she quoted extensively from another writer's books without crediting the other writer in her Draco Malfoy fanfic. I'm sure she doesn't do that anymore, if in fact she did, because that is very, very bad writer behavior.

    Writing wimpy heroines is not great, either - I mean, if Charlotte Bronte could figure out the independent woman in the 1840s, you can do it in the 2010s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait till you get to the ending of this book! Trust me, once you get there it will feel like it's all worth it.

    And have you read the infernal devices books? They're a prequel trilogy about shodowhunters in the early 1900s. And as much as I like The Mortal Instrument books, think The Infernal Devices are SO much better. I actually just read the third of the series, and think it's my favorite of all she's written. (My review won't be up till next Friday though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that one and couldn't take it anymore - the lip biting, the smooth, rock hard abs, the heart pounding, the weird way Clare adds some obnoxiously large word in there randomly like she looked up a simple word in the thesaurus so she could sound smarter....

    And the incest. BLECH.

    I just couldn't read anymore of that. Her writing is just horrid. The world/characters [for the most part] are so awesome and have SO much potential if it weren't for her writing.

    ReplyDelete