Friday, June 14, 2013

Book Club Friday


Just gonna drive right into it Geeksters.... I read FOUR books since I last linked up (can you tell it's summertime)..... and here goes..............


 photo DarknessKindled_zps117bcfd7.jpg
From GoodReads:
Ari Johnson wishes adjusting to living with her boyfriend was her only source of excitement and anxiety.
She wishes a lot of things.
But then wishing was what got her here in the first place.

Ari chose to be a Guild Hunter. She wanted to hunt dangerous Jinn and destroy them before they could harm innocent people. But now that Ari is a member of The Guild, she finds herself in the impossible position of hunting her ex-best friend – human-turned-dangerous sorcerer, Charlie Creagh. As Ari struggles to come to terms with her duty, an ancient Jinn and his companion want revenge on her for using the command of the Seal against them; the White King refuses to give up on his quest to resurrect Lilif, and Asmodeus isn’t done toying with her.

When Ari can take no more, rushing to the Sultan Azazil’s side to demand of him the favor he owes her, the events she sets in motion will not only alter everyone’s lives, it will kindle a darkness that will shake the realms to their very core.


This is book four of a series I devoured last summer. I read another series by Samantha Young, which was great, so I decided to read another one by her haha!
This last book only came out on April 19th. I was sad to see the story end, as I grew fond of most of the characters (even two of the bad ones lol).... but the storyline was weak; I felt it was a little forced, so I was happy it was an easy read. This is a good YA series to get into if that's your thing.




 photo BeautifulDisaster_zpsff5e431a.jpg photo WalkingDisaster_zpsa3b0c92c.jpg
Book 1- from GoodReads:
INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Book 2- from GoodReads: 
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. 

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.




I read this book series in a week. It was so good. The characters are REAL, like you can relate to them and their struggles. I like how the first book is through Abby's eyes, and the second book is the same story, but from Travis' point of view. Plus the epilogues are a little different at the end of each book, so it's nice to see how it all turns out. A must read!!!!




 photo EntwinedWithYou_zps0d986ae6.jpg
From GoodReads:
From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…


This is the latest book of the Crossfire series (came out on June 4th)...... I read it in a week. It's a decent book.... I read every word of the plot stuff, but seriously skimmed over most of the sex scenes, because how many of those can you actually read in one sitting without vomiting, am I right???  I like all the characters and their stories, so I'm definitely on this banwagon until the end.  SPOILER ALERT: this isn't the final book of the series *winky*



 photo signature_zpsbc57867b.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, at least not yet. But I have heard great things about Beautiful Disaster and its sequel. And while I haven't read the Crossfire books, I did enjoy 50 Shades of Grey, so I'm guessing those are books I'd enjoy just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Walking Disaster more than Beautiful Disaster - Abby wasn't necessarily a bad POV, but I appreciated Travis' more. I like getting into that male perspective/voice every once in a while. It's a very interesting voice to read :)

    ReplyDelete