Monday, July 15, 2013

Movie Monday - Link Up Party

 photo MovieMonday1_zps83a445b5.jpg

I'm starting a new link up. Join up if you're interested!!!

So Mondays here at "The Geek" (the loving name I call my blog) are going to be full of movie goodness. Movie chat on a Monday, if you will. Yea, I'm totally diggin' that!  I'm gonna share what movies I've seen lately and how I felt about them.





Man of Steel

Rating:  photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.pngout of 5


I loved everything about this movie! And I'm not a huge Superman fan (I would choose other superhero's over him if push came to shove). The whole movie was full of non-stop action, crazy scenes and lots of goodness. The storyline was decent too, so that's always a plus. My son (he's 9) gave it a 6 out of 5 so it must be fantastic lol
P.S. Knock me all you want, I let my kid(s) watch certain adultish movies when it comes to super hero's... my 9 year old is mature. That's my choice as a parent.





Monsters University

Rating:  photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png out of 5


Sequels are.... well, sequels. We took the kids to see this in the movie theater last week. It was cute, I'm not gonna lie... but it's not the original. I did laugh out loud twice (at parts where I was the only one laughing in the entire theater, haha) but I did like the movie. The kids liked it too.






End of Watch

Rating:  photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png out of 5



Steven and I wanted to watch a movie and this popped up on Netflix. Okay, we'll try it out. I'm not into cop movies really.... just not my thing. I liked how the movie was filmed (the main character was filming while on duty, so some parts of the movie is like first person view). The story was good. I think the ending should of been a littttttttttle different, but it was fine. I only gave it three stars. Steven liked it more than I did, he gave it four.





Beautiful Creatures

Rating:  photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png photo star_ratings1_zpsb947eb4f.png out of 5


I wanted to see this movie in the theaters, but of course just never got around to it. Steven suggested we rent a movie (which I will never turn down). He checked out the local Redbox online and said "You wanted to see this right? Go rent it for us!" so I did. It's a YA supernatural movie, which I'm okay with..... The story was good, but I just thought the movie was alright. Nothing too exciting or spectacular.  I'll still give it four stars though, since Jeremy Irons is the bomb diggity, yes indeedy!



Now go ahead..... make a post about which movies you've seen lately and how you feel about them. Then link up with that post (NOT your blog main URL) so everyone can see what we've all been watching!  I'm always up for new movie suggestions.

 photo signature_zpsbc57867b.jpg




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing these Melissa. I saw Man of Steel too. I thought it was ok but a bit boring in spots. I'm more into Iron Man and the Avengers. I still want to see Monsters U though!

    Phil
    www.blog.theregularguynyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took the kids to go see Man of Steel and we all loved it. It was totally enjoyable. I thought Russel Crow looked great (it's been a while since he last looked that good) and superman was just yummy!

    My kids also saw MU and even though they liked it they didn't think it was fantastic either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to take the kids to the movies next week and I was torn between Monsters or Despicable Me.... thanks to your review, I think we'll go with Despicable Me!

    ReplyDelete