Friday, January 17, 2014

Book Club Friday



Another Book Club Friday is under our belts, Geeksters. Here's what I'm currently reading.....

 photo divergent_veronica_roth_a_p_zps3a8a408e.jpg photo Insurgent_zpsabafa03c.png


Per a friends suggestion, I jumped on the banwagon!! I spend all day reading on Tuesday (as I was here) and I read almost half of the first book. By Thursday I finished it, and swiftly moved on to the second book. It's amazeballs, Geeksters!!! It's definitely on the Hunger Games wavelenght, but it's all good by me.

Goodreads synopsis Divergent: In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.


Goodreads synopsis Insurgent: Fighting for survival in a shattered world… the truth is her only hope.  I have done bad things. I can’t take them back, and they are part of who I am.  Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.  Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever… because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.



Also in reading news, I'm doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge (again) for 2014. I completed 2011's and 2012's.... sadly, I was one book shy of completing 2013's. Bummercakes.

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has
read 0 books toward her goal of 15 books.
hide



Question: Any good series books you want to share with me? "Series" are my favorite types of books, so I'm always looking for new ones to read. Share away!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Enjoy it. I'm busy reading the second book in a trillogy (Winter of the World by Ken Follet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I'm not reading among your book selection, your overview book description was really enjoyable and, really good! Great review. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm a member of your tribe for the SITS Tribe Building Challenge. I can't wait to get to know you better and read more of your posts!

    P.S. I have been wanting to read these books but can't seem to find the time because of all the other ones I'm reading.. now that the movie is out maybe that'll give me a little more motivation :-)

    ReplyDelete