Thursday, March 6, 2014

That Weekend I Forgot To Tell You All About

Geeksters, I left you all hanging YET AGAIN, on my great weekend that passed forever ago. Just gonna get right into it...

We (Steven, Tom, Chris and myself) were supposed to go to his nice restaurant/bar, but when we showed up they said it'd be an hour and a half wait. We put our name on the list and walked outside. We were starving so we decided to go across the street to this diner we passed while looking for parking. It just looked so cute from the outside.......

Even had the little juke box at the table. Awesomesauce! We were seated after only waiting 15 minutes. Right as we sat down my friend Tom's cell phone rang. It was the other restaurant saying they had a table open. Tom was like "Sorry, we just sat down at other place" and hung up.

Note: the diner wasn't terribly busy.   Now, the waitress came over to take our drink order. Twenty minutes later she brought our drinks. Then took our order. Steven and Chris's food came with soup. Tom ordered an appetizer. FOURTY FIVE MINUTES LATER she brings out the soups. She then walked into the kitchen, picked up a tray of food and came directly to our table and gave us our dinner.

And then she had the audacity to joke that we were running out of room on the table. Yea, because people normally eat their soup BEFORE dinner arrives. And lets not forget that Tom's appetizer was nowhere in sight. She finally brought that our about twenty minutes into eating dinner. 

She never came back to ask how our food was. She also never came back to see if we needed refills.
Tom also tipped this waitress the usual 20%. We were ripping on him the entire night! You get tipped what you earned. Trust me, I tip great waitresses a great tip when it's earned. This waitress (who never gave her name, which irks me) now thinks she did a good job because her tip was pretty average.


After dinner we went to this place called Yestercades, which has old school arcade games, old consoles (I'm talking Atari's, SEGA's, Game Cubes.....) and the place is just awesome! We were there for FOUR hours!!!
Steven and Tom playing Contra

Steven rocking out on the pinball machines
(this exact one is his favorite from childhood!)


After Yestercades, I wanted dessert. In New Jersey, at midnight, a diner is ALWAYS open. We drove more near home and went to a local diner that we know rocks out. I got a fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream. BEST one I've had, oh my goodness it was delish!!





Tom. Chris. Steven.


The night was just full of laughter and hashtagging outloud. I still crack up thinking about it, haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment