Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review: Oyster (The Book App)

I decided that I was going to try out this app I heard about called Oyster. Free books to read. It's only free to use for 7 days (then you have to pay for it), but it has a lot of books to choose from. I was pretty impressed with the category selection, and on how many books that were available in each of those categories.











All of the above categories, plus more!

From Oyster Books website:
What is Oyster?
Oyster offers unlimited books for just $9.95 a month. Members can read over 200,000 titles on their iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch—offline and online.
Oyster partners with publishers to make their content available on our all-in-one service. Our library features thousands of popular recent releases, bestsellers, and more.
While we work with hundreds of publishers (and are adding partners regularly) our library includes titles from HarperCollins, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Rodale, Open Road, Melville House, Workman, Algonquin, Smashwords, and many others.


Now, $9.95 is a little steep for my pockets at this time, but I honestly enjoyed using this app while it lasted. Oh, I should mention that I found out that Oyster only works for iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad Air and iPod Touch 5th gen. That's a bummer for those using Androids!

Rating-- 3 out of 5 stars.



I was not paid or compensated for writing this post.
I have no material connection to the brand, products, or service that I have mentioned.
All opinions expressed here are purely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment