Friday, August 7, 2015

Bookplex Review: Shattered Heart by Carol May

Determined to make a new life for herself, raven haired beauty, Charli Jensen moves to Miami following her dream of opening her own business, Supreme Corporate Travel with best friend, Lana Lewis. Heading to lunch, after presenting a proposal to a prestigious company, the two are quickly insulted on a crowed elevator. Exiting first, headstrong Charli is determined to identify the individual that offended her. Standing to the side, she narrows the speaker to possibly one of three men. 
Imagine her surprised to see the three men, one of whom is OMG drop dead gorgeous, having lunch at the same restaurant. Even more shocking is the fact the god of good looks turns up at the bar the friends are partying at the same night. Charli who is a very private, cautious person is drawn to this man. Can seeing him three times in the same day be a good omen? Is it possible this man even noticed her existence? Her question is answered when he is joined by another woman. Businessman, Houston Donovan is very aware he has seen the same stunning woman multiple times. Flashing back to the memory of her shapely body standing in front of him earlier in the day, he imagines how it would look in his bed. As he departs the bar, with a knowing smile that her tab is paid, Houston questions if fate will allow their paths to cross again. Independent, Charli is outraged when she discovers not only is her tab paid but waiting for her is a mystery card with only a number. Jerking her phone up, she types out a brief message, Thx 4 paying tab BUT NO THX!!! Shocked by the angry text Houston wonders, if he misread her? This ignites a duel of words to see who can outwit the other. A semi friendship develops from these texts. Meeting in person the sparks fly. The heat between the two sizzles. They soon become the perfect couple. Will the phrase, If it seems to be too good to be true it probably is going to ruin their lives or is there no obstacle to great for them to overcome? 


My Opinion: I thought the novel was hard to follow along. There were many grammatical errors, and a whole lot of non-closing quotes when a character was speaking. When it would change from one characters point of view to the other, it would take me a few to figure out who's view I was actually reading. I thought this book was in the 'erotica' category, but at almost halfway though there wasn't much sex involved.

I did not finish this book.

I'd like to add that when I got the electronic copy of the book, it was only available for .docx, which means a copy was not available to read through my Kindle app. I think that's a disservice to reviewers, as MOST people do not sit at their computers to read a novel. FYI- I am a smart cookie and ended up converting the file to a .pdf so I could read on my iPad.


I was not required to write a positive review, only an honest one.
The opinions I have expressed here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment