Thursday, April 11, 2013

Guest Post: Looking For Luck, Love, and...

Hey Geeksters. Today I have a guest poster taking over my blog! I'll let her get right to it! 


Hi, everyone! I'm so happy to be guest posting today! My name is Lovely, from Looking for Luck, Love, and...  I'm livin' the high life in California with my husband and two kids. I'm also a full time career woman, which means my time is extremely limited. And my house is extremely messy!

One of my favorite things to do during my downtime is read. I will read just about any novel that comes highly recommended, plus a whole lot of the bargain books that you can get for free or nearly free for Kindle through Amazon.

Many of the books I read come from the recommendations of others. Lauren from On a Lighter Note... recently recommended that I read The Siren by Kiera Klass, and since it was such a good deal through Amazon, I thought I would give it a shot. The book tells the story of a siren. No, not the red light on a fire truck. You know, the beautiful girl that appears out of the ocean and sings so beautifully that the sailors forget about everything else until they drown? Yeah, that siren.






This book tells the story of Kahlen, the beautiful girl who must be a Siren for 100 years before she can be a human girl again. During those 100 years, she may walk among men, looking like everyone else, until the ocean calls her and the three other sirens to do their job in the water every couple of months. It's a lonely life, because a Siren can't talk or even laugh. If human ears hear the sound of her voice, they'll want to drown themselves.



Plus people would start to get suspicious when the beautiful mute girl didn't age after 50 years.



Throughout Kahlen's life, her only desire is to find someone to love, and who will love her back. She eventually finds love... but she still has 18 years of her siren sentence to carry out.



Poor Kahlen. Time won't wait for her. Will love?



I really liked this book. It was sweet and simple, but held my interest from beginning to end.  It fit into the young adult genre, but it was written well enough for an adult to enjoy. It was romantic without being steamy, and the setting was one that I had never read about before. I mean, really. When have you ever heard of  sirens, except when you were reading Homer?



Lovely gives this book 4 out of 5 hearts! And the price has even gone down! Amazon is currently selling The Siren for Kindle for $3.03! Snatch it up and let me know what you think!



Thank you so much to Melissa for letting me guest post today. Hope to read with you soon! 






Thanks to The Lovely One for guest posting today. Don't forget to check out her blog, she's awesome. She also has a Bloglovin so you can follow her page and not miss her posts, lol.


 photo signature_zpsbc57867b.jpg

2 comments: