Monday, April 8, 2013

Movie Monday


 photo MovieMonday1_zps83a445b5.jpg

Mondays here at "The Geek" (the loving name I call my blog) are going to be full of movie goodness. Movie chat on a Monday, if you will. Yea, I'm totally diggin' it!  I'll share what movies I saw the past week and how I felt about them.

So! Without further ado.........



Movies I Saw this past week:

Rating: NO STARS out of 5
(it doesn't even deserve to be awared a star)


Synopsis: Dean Pereira and Cindy Heller Pereira are a young, working class married couple - Dean currently working as a painter, and Cindy working as a nurse in a medical clinic - with a young daughter named Frankie. Despite their relatively tender ages, they are both ravaged by the life they've eked out together and by the experiences they've had leading into their marriage. Dean, a high school drop out, comes from a broken home, where he never really had a mother figure. He never saw himself getting married or having a family despite falling in love at first sight with Cindy. He doesn't have any professional ambition beyond his current work - which he enjoys since he feels he can knock off a beer at 8 o'clock in the morning without it affecting his work - although Cindy believes he has so much more potential in life. Cindy also comes from a dysfunctional family, with her own mother and father not setting an example of a harmonious married or family life. One of her previous serious ...Written by Huggo on IMDB.com


My true feelings: This was in the Romance catergory on Netflix. I also googled and it came up under Top 10 Romance Movies. So I put it on for my husband and I. Let me tell you... the WORST movie I've seen! It wasn't romantic at all. I like the flashback aspect... when they think back to how they got to where they are now, but it's a very graphic movie (I saw Michelle Williams naked, and Ryan Goslings ass *which was THE best part of the movie). And I will spoil it for everyone! They break up, he walks out of the house and down the street... and then the movie just abruptly ends. Credits role. And you're staring at the screen like What the HELL just happened. Your next thought is Why did I sit through this entire movie and waste my life away.

FYI: IMDB.com gave this movie a 7 out of 10 starts. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!





 photo signature_zpsbc57867b.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that ... I haven't watched it yet and don't think I will. I'm not a big fan of Michelle Williams so it would have been for Ryan Gosling

    ReplyDelete
  2. meh. not my kind of movie. i never had intended on seeing it, but I definitely won't now!

    ReplyDelete