Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August Blogging Challenge, Day 6

Blogging Challenge

Day 6: Describe your favorite beach and why you like it so much.


I go to the beach on what's known as LBI here in NJ (Long Beach Island). It's a long island off the coast of New Jersey. Simple enough right? Haha!

[source]


I live the next town north of Manahawkin (see the photo above). Right under the "S" where it says Surf City the land comes to a point... there's a bridge there that is the only way on and off the island. So all the tourists normally go to the towns of Ship Bottom, Surf City, Harvey Cedars..... up the island that way. I go to what I feel like is the "non-touristy" area, Brant Beach. It's never crowded, even on the best beach day. There's always parking on the street right across from the entrance (which is a plus with two kids in tow). And the sand is so soft and clean.; no shells all over the place (which drives me bananas).

Seriously, it's the best beach I've been to. Like ever.







Don't forget to link up.... anyone can join (you don't have to be a member of the NE Bloggers group). There are challenges everyday in August, so jump on the banwagon! 


3 comments:

  1. I've never been to New Jersey but I would love to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice! We never go that far north, we usually go strait over or a little south but I think you're spot might be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a quiet beach, I have been known to simply turn around and go home if there are too many people on the beach. How's that for anti-social beach behavior!

    ReplyDelete