Friday, November 15, 2013

Book Club Friday



I haven't linked up in a long time, so here we go........




15791403
From Goodreads: Ben isn't like most people. Unable to control his racing thoughts, he's a man consumed by his obsessions: movies, motorcycles, presidental trivia- and Diana Hotchkiss, a beautiful woman Ben knows he can never have. When Diana is found dead outside her apartment, Ben's infatuation drives him on a hunt to find out what happened to the love of his life. Ben soon discovers that the woman he pined for was hiding a shocking double life. And now someone is out to stop Ben from uncovering the truth about Diana's illicit affairs. In his most heart-pumping thriller yet, James Patterson plunges us into the depth of a mind tortured by paranoia and obsession, on an action-packed chase through a world of danger and deceit.

My review: I normally am submerged into a James Patterson novel... but something about this one is really turning me off. Not too sure if it's the style of writing that is going on, or that I don't care for the main character. But, I'm only 13% in, so I plan to give it more time (I normally wait till I'm 25% in before switching to a different book), but usually I'm hooked within the first three chapters so this is throwing me for a loop. I'm sure it'll get better.... they can't all be winners, right?



 photo signature_zpsbc57867b.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I just posted a review for a Danielle Steel book that wasn't steller either, and I usually like her books so yes, not all are winners :)

    Stopping by from book club Friday!

    ReplyDelete