Friday, November 29, 2013

Book Club Friday



So I joined a private Book Club group a few weeks ago. The first book chosen for us to read is called "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green. It was on my "to read" list already, so this gave me the oppourtunity to stop reading the crappy book I was currently into and start a new one.......


11870085


From Goodreads: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeus plot twist named Augustus Waters suddently appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


My review:  After sneaking off three times on Thanksgiving to get a few pages in, I finished the book this early morning. The minute I picked up the book (which was on Monday night) I was into it. I love the main characters and even the way the book is written. It's different and it really grabbed me. It's a quick read, but that's okay... I simply could not put it down. Completely hooked. Everyone must read this book when they get a chance, it's awesome!! But, no spoilers.... I didn't care for the ending.



 photo signature_zpsbc57867b.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Loved this book too, and can't wait to see how they're able to turn it into a movie! And while I loved this book, I have yet to read anything else by John Green. But hearing how much everyone seems to love everything he's written, I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love books that make you sneak off to read!! I keep seeing this one everywhere I love the cover. Glad to here it's good (well except the ending)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling; I've said only half-jokingly that John Green should have called his book "No No No No No No No No No No No Oh God Please No." It's one of those books that you love, even though it shattered a little glass corner of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has been on my wish list for awhile.... maybe it'll be my next read!

    ReplyDelete